SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#378433 - 12/17/13 05:21 AM Tyros 2 vs Tyros 5 "Real Change or ?....
Dnj Offline

keys

Edited by Dnj (12/17/13 05:23 AM)

#378441 - 12/17/13 06:45 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Tyros 5 "Real Change or ?.... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I still think with T-2 you could sound very good just as well....
lets face it the whole Tyros line is amazing......1-5

#378442 - 12/17/13 06:57 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Tyros 5 "Real Change or ?.... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Compare a 1971 mercedes SL with a 2013 one.... Both are still cars, but the 2013 is faster, more luxury and probably better at everything..

If you dont see the difference you are blind... Or in the case of the Tyros deaf...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#378445 - 12/17/13 08:32 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Tyros 5 "Real Change or ?.... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Ok if you say so.....

#378446 - 12/17/13 08:41 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Tyros 5 "Real Change or ?.... [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Hi,

The T2 clearly still sounds very good especially in the right hands.

Yamaha has a distinct sound that is distinguishable in each model which attributes them sounding similar in some cases but the differences are most noticeable when the new sounds that are exclusive to the particular model are used.

For example, I've had a T4 for around 6 weeks now and I was hard pushed to tell the differences between the same sounds or styles that were on both keyboards but clear as day where they differed. It's probably the same with the T5 in some respects and will continue in this cycle.

Edited by DannyUK (12/17/13 08:42 AM)

#378448 - 12/17/13 08:50 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Tyros 5 "Real Change or ?.... [Re: DannyUK]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DannyUK
Hi,

Yamaha has a distinct sound that is distinguishable in each model which attributes them sounding similar in some cases but the differences are most noticeable when the new sounds that are exclusive to the particular model are used.

For example, I've had a T4 for around 6 weeks now and I was hard pushed to tell the differences between the same sounds or styles that were on both keyboards but clear as day where they differed. It's probably the same with the T5 in some respects and will continue in this cycle.

Many of the sounds in the T4 are still exactly the same si in the T2....

Thats how Tyros works... Take everything in the previous model and add nee feutures, sounds and styles to it. ... However in the T5 the whole effects section that is about 50% of the sound got updated, changing the whole sound for the first time as a whole...

#378449 - 12/17/13 09:06 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Tyros 5 "Real Change or ?.... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Hi,

Thats how Tyros works... Take everything in the previous model and add nee feutures, sounds and styles to it. ... However in the T5 the whole effects section that is about 50% of the sound got updated, changing the whole sound for the first time as a whole...

Yes if you want to be an out of the box player never digging into the keyboards efx features to make the KB your own sound...no offense but so many never even look inside the hood.

#378455 - 12/17/13 09:42 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Tyros 5 "Real Change or ?.... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Hi,

Yes if you want to be an out of the box player never digging into the keyboards efx features to make the KB your own sound...no offense but so many never even look inside the hood.

You missed the point, every effect is used in the default styles and instruments selections, espescially if you neve tweak things to sound your own you are going to hear the difference between the old T4 sounds and styles on T4 and the old T4 sounds and styles on T5.... The effects all had an upgrade and they are 50% of how every styletrack or solo sound will sound...

Since between 2 and 4 the effects barely changed, the upgraded sound will only be audible in the new additional sounds and styles... From 4 to 5 almost everything sounds better ( in my opinion)

#378459 - 12/17/13 09:52 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Tyros 5 "Real Change or ?.... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Hi,

You missed the point, every effect is used in the default styles and instruments selections, espescially if you neve tweak things to sound your own you are going to hear the difference between the old T4 sounds and styles on T4 and the old T4 sounds and styles on T5.... The effects all had an upgrade and they are 50% of how every styletrack or solo sound will sound...

Since between 2 and 4 the effects barely changed, the upgraded sound will only be audible in the new additional sounds and styles... From 4 to 5 almost everything sounds better ( in my opinion)

"BETTER" is in the ears of the beholder...like I've said before ...almost any TOTL, MOTL, arranger KB made in the last 10 years can do an awesome job in the of a professional player on stage and that's a fact.

#378467 - 12/17/13 11:01 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Tyros 5 "Real Change or ?.... [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

I don't think the T5 sounds overly better, I definitely think it sounds different. If it was far superior than a T4 i'd be owning one now. Just my opinion too.

Edited by DannyUK (12/17/13 11:03 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online